Monday 14 December 2009

The Vault

We have a vault here at SS, that doubles as a panic room. I quite often get a bit panicky. It's my age (and my doctors refusal to prescribe me diazepam anymore. Once every twelve months, apparently. Quibble, quibble...). We've decked the vault out with all the things you need if you're locked away for a few days, feeling a bit tense - beer, some food (crackers and yoghurt), DVDs and of course music.

I was in there recently, during the X-Factor final and happened to unearth a gem from a few years back. "Rocker' by Alter Ego was remixed by Erol Alkan in 2004 and appeared on the original 12" single. I remember the first time I heard it out and when I had it on repeat on the pod the other day, my jaw was grinding like a mother. Erol keeps you waiting for quite a while until he lets the thing go, but once he does it's still a monster. It's also one of the only 8 minute remixes I can listen to all the way through.

So - without more ado here's the first in, what I hope will be a series of In The Vault tunes. That's if the DMCA don't close me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment