Sunday 13 December 2009

Just A Bit Of Christmas

It would be remiss of me to ignore Christmas altogether, much as I'd like to. Not my favourite time of year, if I'm honest. Too much forced bohomie and pressure on the bank account to make it the 'season to be jolly' at SS. Get the fucker out of the way and get ready for New Year, that's my plan.

One of the things that pisses me off about this time of year is the Christmas WMD that is the Christmas song. There's been a few good ones I can think of, Kirsty Maccoll and Shane McGowan's 'Fairytale Of New York' of course, a few of the classics, 'White Christmas','Jingle Bell Rock' etc, but generally they're a big bag of shit. My worst nightmare is being stuck at work when the local radio station decides to dedicate the whole day to Christmas songs, 'to get everyone in the mood!!' For what? Shooting strangers?

Horrible.

Mew 'She Comes Home For Christmas' on the other hand is quite ace. It's not really got much to do with Christmas, as far as I can tell, apart from it was released around Christmas time in 2002, the title mentions Christmas and one of the final lines is 'she came home for Christmas'. Actually that's quite a lot of Christmas. It's enough for it to qualify as Squeaky Sneakers only, officially endorsed Christmas song. Here it is...



And that's enough Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment