Saturday 30 January 2010

The Vault

If an alien emerged from his spacecraft and asked me to name five tunes that encapsulated my music taste I'd have to say...'Give me a week and I'll get right back to you. Don't go blowing up the White House or anything, alright?' After the week was over (in which time I imagine the alien standing, tapping his silver booted feet and steaming up his space helmet, considering if he should, while I'm away, take over the world and enslave humans for meat) I'd return with a little scrap of paper. This is what it would say -

1. Felix Cartal - Moss v Tree

2. Phones - Sharpen the Knives

3. Les Petit Pilous - Jolie Fille

4. Christopher & Raphael Just - Popper

5. Vitalic - La Rock 01

Then under that there would be a scribbled disclaimer saying something about the list being in no particular order, because lists scare the shit out of me. It means I'm commited to an opinion.

Todays Vault features number 3 (though it could be number 4 or 5. Don't fence me in, man) on the list. Les Petit Pilous have a new EP out very soon, and that's all the information I have on it. Their twitter says that they're putting the finishing touches to it now, but to be fair they've been saying that since November. There's some footage of Boys Noize playing a new LPP track out here, if you can hear it over the shouting, but other than that it's all very hush. I can't wait anyway.

As this the Vault though, I don't need an excuse to post my fave LPP track. 'Jolie Fille' was massive back in 2007. I remember having an almost religious experience with it and some fast strobe once, or I could have dreamt the whole thing.

Enjoy x

Les Petit Pilous - 'Jolie Fille'

No comments:

Post a Comment