Wednesday 20 January 2010


Buddhists have a term 'being in the moment', to describe when we are fully aware of our experience, rather than robotically feeling stuff though habit. We often live life in the past or racing into the future, but rarely experience the now.

I had a now moment today. driving a half ton of wood home, through snow covered hills. Deadmau5 'Soma' was on the stereo, there was mist hanging to the hills, as evening fell and I realised that this was one of those moments that would look great in the Movie of my Life. Perfect sound track, perfect scene and of course a handsome mother fucker in the lead role.

Of course, once I realised that I was in the now, pow!, I wasn't anymore. That's the thing with Buddhism, it's very frustrating. I gave up on Enlightenment when I found that not only did I have to give up desire, but wanting to give up desire was in fact a desire...Taking the piss a bit there I reckon


No comments:

Post a Comment