Sunday 6 December 2009

Right, so we've got mice. As usual I'm approaching the problem, as I have every problem I've encountered since moving to the country, with extreme violence. I've brought rat traps, because frankly mouse traps didn't cut it. We laid mouse traps all around the house to start with, but the crafty little rodents managed to snaffle the bait, without setting the traps off. I had to marvel at their ingenuity. How do they eat a lump of peanut butter without tripping the trap? If I walked passed it a little heavily, it snapped shut. My admiration quickly waned though, after another broken nights sleep, listening to them partying in the loft, so I went out and bought the biggest mother fucking trap I could find. It's a monster. If you mess up setting it, it will take off the top of your finger.

Anyway, we're getting a mouse a day with one trap. One day we got two, which was impressive and though everytime I place their little broken body into a plastic bag and lob it in the bin, I wonder if there might not be a more humane way to do the job, I remind myself that rodents carry germs and that if we just leave them to their own devices they will BREED. I don't need that kind of shit in my life. We've now got three traps, so expect lots of DeadMice ( I wish I had a tune by the rodent headed one to post now. That would give the story a point at least)

What I do have is Ponyrex, from Mexico, who have some great hooks and a love of synths. I gather this sound is known as dream wave. Whatever it is, I like it - it's good. See if you can spot the Paul Young homage in 'Hologram'.

Ponyrex - 'Hologram'

Ponyrex - 'Freq'

Technicolor Fabrics - 'Render (Ponyrex Remix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment