Tuesday 8 September 2009

Don Rimini

I've been following Don Rimini for a while now. In fact, since about 2006 when he complimented me on a version of a Para One tune I had on my Myspace player (I like him for his work, not his posted appreciation of my music taste, which coincidentally could get him arrested in some countries). He's been giving free mixes away on his page since about then and they're always a top notch selection of tunes, skilfully mixed. One of the highlights for me has to be Midnight Juggernauts 'Shadows' over the top of 2 Live Crew 'Face Down Ass Up', an audacious choice of tunes to open your set with. That's the great thing about his mixes, full of suprises. You can check out The Don Rimini Show on his Myspace, or download the most recent mix here. EDIT - Fairtilizer has THE most recent one here. This one's quite recent


Aside from the mixes and some kick ass remixes, for the likes of Count and Sinden and - err, Ray Parker Junior, he's released three EPs, the 'Time To Panic EP', 'Absolutley Rad', with the monster 'Let Me Back Up' and the 'Kick And Run EP', featuring 'Rave On'. He's at this minute embarking on a world tour, which even touches the UK...once, on a Monday night, in Manchester. Way to go Don. Make it a weekend next time, dude! Oh there is a Thursday night gig in Nottingham, but again...

Don Rimini - 'Karate'

No comments:

Post a Comment