Wednesday 10 June 2009

Sneaky Interview

Tom Young aka Run Riot has negotiated his way through the jasmine and vine strewn hanging baskets to take his place upon the comfy chair.



SS: You've got a steaming Radox bath ready. What's going on the stereo?


TOM: I hardly ever take baths but I reckon I would stick on Leftfield – Rhythm and Stealth.
There are some great atmospheric, chilled tracks on that album.


SS: The crowds a bit restless, what tune are you going to drop to get their attention?

TOM: If I were a DJ, it’s gotta be Warriors Dance by The Prodigy. BIG track!!


SS: It's your birthday and a very rich relative has told you to book any three acts you want. Who's playing at your house?

TOM: The Prodigy, Queens Of The Stone Age, Muse


SS: What's your first musical memory?

TOM: Hmmm....I used to dance around like an idiot to Michael Jackson when I was really young, that’ll do!


SS: The power's gone out at the club you're playing!!! What talent do you have that could stop the fractious crowd smashing the place up?

TOM: Nothing, I’d join the crowd...rock n roll!!


SS: Someone gives you a cinema for the night. What films are you going to show?

TOM: Lock, Stock..., The Matrix, Fight Club, 300, Anchorman


SS: Beatles or the Stones?

TOM: Neither... a lot of people pretend to like old bands to sound cool. Generally, there is very little music I like before the mid 80’s...of course there are lots of exceptions!


SS: What has Run Riot got coming up?

TOM: I’m playing a few festivals this summer. Headlining a couple which is a great privilege as I haven’t been around for long. A few remixes. I’ve also started work on my next EP planned for a September release with some big name remixes ;)

Thanks to Run Riot for withstanding that grilling. I thought he was going to crack there for a moment, but it was just some allergic reaction to the hanging vines. Kill to find out who those remixes are. The EP Charge is still available on I-Tunes, Amazon, Juno, Rhapsody, DJ Download and E Music

No comments:

Post a Comment