Saturday 23 May 2009

Me My Head


I saw Me My Head last year at the Carling Academy in Brum. There were seven of us in the audience, which was a bit embarrassing for all involved. The lads must have looked out from the stage and seen the odds of a night of groupie fun disappearing down the stairs, into the cold Birmingham night, faster than my mate Dave, who really couldn't handle the awkwardness. At one point I went for a ciggy and they stopped to ask where I was going. One of those nights, as they say. There were only a handful at Manchester's Lesser Free Trade Hall in June 1976, when the Pistols played (although you could fill Wembley Arena with the amount of people who claim to have been there) and look where they ended up. Though to be fair Me My Head aren't the Sex Pistols. I'm not Morrissey either. Dave isn't Mark E Smith, though Stu could well pass for Paul Morley and I'm losing track of my point...

It was a great gig, that's what I wanted to say, and fair does to the band for carrying on playing at all. Top fellas. It has to be mentioned that the lack of fans at the gig was down to a publicity cock up, rather than a lack of interest.

The band name comes from a Gary Numan tune and the music is definitely influenced by the New Wave. Check them out at their Myspace.They're going to bubble up in 2009. I can feel it in my bones.

'This Feeling' was the B-side of 'Night Is On Fire', which you can buy on I-Tunes.

Support the bands, man

No comments:

Post a Comment