Saturday 18 April 2009

New Streets


Mike Skinner's giving away tunes, via Twitter, which I think is a first (Twitter is taking over the world! - still haven't looked at it...) He wants to spend more time making music, rather than spending a load of time getting us to buy it. I applaud the sentiment. There are a lot of artists giving away stuff at the moment and I'm loving it. If only because we can post it without getting hung drawn and quartered for it.

There are three new tunes, with another three coming next week. The best of the bunch is 'Trust Me' which has a De la Soul vibe running through it and would work very well as a single, me thinks. Next up is 'David Hassles', which is very Original Pirate Material. Best lyric - 'Your music is better than it sounds'. Track three sounds like something he came up with one night, mashed on the train or something, then laid it over some itchy dub step, 'I Love My Phone' is good enough, but my least favourite of the trio.
But what the fuck do I know? And they're free, so sod it, eh?

(Update - Apparently the idea was to record and release three songs in three days. If that's the case, then well done to them - woohoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment